Pamlico Partnership for Children
Job Title: Financial Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Category: Part-time, hours vary-flexible (estimated 20 hours per month)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (hourly)
The Fiscal Coordinator is responsible for performing the accounting and contract management functions for the Partnership. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Training is provided.
1. Education and/or Experience: Accounting background and experience in general bookkeeping/accounting.
2. Preferred, not required: non-profit, fund accounting experience and MIP accounting software experience a plus
3. Contract management skills. Knowledge of bookkeeping and auditing functions.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, follow-up and plan the workflow.
4. Knowledge of and experience with state and local government budget, finance and/or accounting procedures, including North Carolina state practices.
5. Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
6. Effective communication skills with diverse populations.
7. Computer skills that include excellent spreadsheet and database and word processing skills, communication through e-mail.
8. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, professional journals, government regulations and legal documents. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to answer questions posed by top management officials, public or community groups, and/or Boards of directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepare administrative and services expenditures for payments, and maintain all necessary accounting invoices and records.
2. Perform coding of invoices, deposits, and journal entries based on source documentation.
3. Submit batches to MAC accounting based on submission schedule.
4. Review documents returned by MAC for accuracy in accordance with policies and procedures, process information returned by MAC.
5. Assist in audit preparation including preparation of audit schedules.
6. Prepare and submit required fiscal reports to all funders.
7. Assist in the year-end close package for NCPC and other grantors as required.
8. Prepare finance reports for Board of Directors.
9. Provide financial guidance and training to the partnership staff as needed.
10. Prepare annual financial statements, footnotes and schedules.
11. Prepare schedules for the biennial audit, as requested by auditors
12. Communicate as needed with NCPC, funders, auditors and monitors to ensure accounting and contracting compliance.
13. Other tasks as needed for effective accounting management.
Assist the Executive Director in the following areas:
• Budget management and preparation of special fiscal reports.
• Ensure partnership compliance with 1099/1096 reporting requirements.
• Update procedures manual regularly to reflect current and detailed instructions for each task performed for all funding sources.
• Review of timesheets, monthly payroll process and projections
• Oversight in partnership required insurance coverages, management of contracts, and the competitive bidding process.
• Prepare for NCPC fiscal monitoring or auditor visits or requests
• Maintain accurate fiscal records for all grants received by the Partnership and for all grants issued by the partnership.
• Be flexible in work schedule according to monthly fiscal needs of the partnership
• Represent the Partnership to the community in a positive and appropriate manner.
• Limited participation with activities of the Partnership that include, but are not limited to, Board meetings, allocation meetings, contract reviews, events sponsored by the agency, trainings deemed important to the function of the job. (Limited travel may be required)
Any other projects, tasks or assignments considered necessary for fiscal management.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Pamlico Partnership for Children does not discriminate an employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Join our fun team at Pamlico Partnership!
The hours for the position vary according the bookkeeping needs and monthly batch, but are estimated at around 20 hours per month.
The hours are flexible with the ability to perform the job tasks remotely and not from the office.
Training for the position will be provided.